Users may use the baseboard heating or baseboard heaters for solving the heating solution of a room. This type of heaters is straightforward to install as well as lightweight. They are very safe and quiet and space-saving so that you can store them very comfortably. The baseboard heaters are also energy efficient for several reasons, How Does Baseboard Heating Work.
The range of these heaters in power starts from 500 watts to 2000 watts. They are friendly enough to use in bedrooms as well as office and stores. Not merely this but the hotel’s management and stadiums staff as well as restaurants owners can install these heaters in their respective places. So in this article, I would like to discuss how the baseboard heaters work.
How Does Baseboard Heating Work?
- You can also call these heaters as zone heaters. You can install them underneath to your windows because this is the heaters can work. The baseboard heaters use elements such as heating elements surrounded by aluminium fins and metal sheaths to carry heat. The air inside the heaters is warm, and then it immediately adjusts into the room temperature.
Types of baseboard heaters
There are two types of baseboard heaters.
- Electric baseboard heaters
- These types of heaters are of one unit, and they heat on a single room. They can work more efficiently and faster than the other heating systems. They follow the laws and principles of airflow and radiation very well.
- Electric/hydronic baseboard heaters
- These type of heaters are bonded and surrounded by metal sheaths as well as aluminium fins, which ensure that they can transfer more heat.
Are baseboard heaters efficient?
- Well, yes, they are more efficient probably. The heaters can convert the air within the room by drawing up and then releasing the air back. Till your desired room temperature, the process will continue, and it will immediately shut off once the temperature rises into its desired level. It can conserve much energy, therefore.
- They are extremely quiet because they do not require any fan during the cooling process of a room. So this is very good and unique for the users because they do not like noisy heaters, which can disrupt your daily routine.
- There is another type of quality heaters, such as the hydronic baseboard heaters. They are also very quiet and very clean. You can use these heaters without any confusion at all.
Are baseboard heaters safe?
- For those who want to know if the baseboard heaters are safe to install or not? Well, they are very much safe for several reasons. For example, they come up with the thermal safety cut out protection switches, and in case if there is an issue of overheating, it will turn the heater off immediately. There is another feature such as auto safety which is used to reactivate the baseboard heaters whenever the temperature becomes normal.
- These heaters do not require much space as well, so you can easily place them anywhere no matter if the surface is wood or a carpet. You should not worry about its maintenance as well, because it is straightforward. There is not a single moving part inside the heaters so you may not see a breaking down. You can fit them very tightly to the wall for ensuring that it will work effectively and do not harm anything.
It would be best if you also took care of several things such as its cleaning and covering and many more.
If the heaters are dirty, will they work?
- Well, this is quite a question because they are the majority of people who use the baseboard heaters but do not take care of it properly. They should make sure that if the radiators are clean, they will work then. So you should maintain its cleanliness.
- If there is dust or dirt on your heaters, it may not work correctly because the dust or dirt will block the heat. So it would be best if you cleaned it at least once a year, make sure that you have cleaned the surface very well. Take care of the fins and remove as much as dirt possible.
Take care of the baseboard heaters.
- You should know that the window coverings which can keep the cold air out, they can also block heaters as well. So it would be best if you were very careful about them. Make sure your radiators are away or far from the window coverings. Make sure they are not anywhere near the heaters.
- You should also take care of the carpets as well. They may not be harmful, but you should ensure that they do not make the heaters inefficient. If you have a thick carpet, you should make sure that the surface where you have placed the heater should be on the thinner side.
- Make sure that you are not using the heaters excessively or for no purpose.
- You must know that you can keep the room cooler when you are sitting there or working in the room. In case you are out and you are using the heaters, it will cost you very much.
- They can make one room cooler at a time so you cannot afford to keep the doors open and believe that it will keep the whole house fresh as well. They cannot circulate the air throughout your home so you should not use one heater for the entire house; instead, you should use one heater for a room.
So these are the talking points of baseboard heaters,
how do they work? Where can you place them, or how should you take care of it? How can it keep the room cooler?
So I have discussed almost each of the above questions in this article. You should be careful in many cases because it can cost you as well if you are using it without any care. Make sure you keep it clean and maintain its cleanliness and placement very well.