BEST SAUNA HEATER REVIEW
A sauna is a small part of a house made for the sole purpose of receiving warmth. Its root can get traced to Finland, a Scandinavian country. A sauna is also called a sudatory. The design of a sauna is strategic and deliberate. It generates heat to induce sweat. If you want to buy a sauna heater, there are many things to consider. Don’t be deceived by outward appearance or the colour of the device. You have to take care of several technical factors.
Top 10 Best Portable Sauna Heater
CHOOSE THE BEST SAUNA HEATER
Finlandia Harvia Sauna Heater
|Price||$ $ $|
16″W x 11″D x 24″H
|Power Source||Electricity 220-240 Volt|
If you do not have an understanding of the market trends, you will become misleading. In buying a sauna heater, so many people have made the wrong choice. It is this misinformation that we are here to correct. An incorrect purchase is inevitable if you do not have an understanding of how a sauna heater works or what its entails. With this guide, you would not only be confident at the point of purchasing. We will also teach you how to maintain a sauna heater so that it can last long. Furthermore, we will also be opening your eye to the most important features any sauna heater should have.
TOP 10 BEST SAUNA HEATER REVIEWS
1. Radiant saunas rejuvenator portable sauna
This heater comes with 6-automatic timer options and handheld control. It has a lovely collar made of quality cotton. One good thing about this heater is that it can either be hand-washed or machine-washed. It is a dual zipper. Hence, it can be zipped from the outside or inside. The internal chairs of this sauna heater are sturdy and well well-made. A soft canvas seat remains incorporated in the interior chairs. The manufacturers of this product have included a sewn-in pocket because they know you need a place to keep your book, phone, or remote. The Radiant Saunas Rejuvenator Portable Personal Sauna is an excellent way to relax and obtain comfort. A 1-year product warranty backs it. The weight of this product is 17.99 pounds, and it measures 33.5 x 28 x 38.1 inches in size. This sauna heater makes use of infrared technology in distributing heat. Another reason to have this heater is that it can get controlled remotely.
2. Far infrared portable sauna
This appliance is a lightweight sauna heater. It has a timer that can be set up to 30 minutes. This product weighs 17.85 Ibs, and it measures 30 x 27.5 x 38 inches in size. It plugs into a 110V power source, works well in small spaces, and it has an attractive finish. This sauna heater features a foot heating pad. It can get operated remotely, and it has a high-performance rating. A belt remains incorporated in the design of this unit. However, pregnant women shouldn’t make use of this belt. To ensure there is no misinformation as far as this unit is concerned, a user manual included. It is important to note that this sauna heater does not treat any medical conditions. If you are suffering from any illness
3. Durherm portable sauna
This heater can be used in the spa and at home. It is very affordable and efficient. It is capable of generating up to 800W of heat. The weight of this heater is 11 pounds, and it measures 28.5 x 34 x 39.2 inches in size. It is a dual zipper unit. Hence, it can get zipped from inside or outside. There is a built-in pocket for storage of essential items such as books, pens, or remote. To enable secure storage, the frames of this heater can be detached. It has a sixty-minute timer. To prolong the lifespan of this product, make sure it gets cleaned after every use. It can be hand or machine washed. The Durherm Portable Personal Therapeutic Sauna Heater can achieve an output temperature of 118 degrees Fahrenheit. The steam generator built separately. It gets powered by steam. Its design is both sleek and aesthetic.
4. Durasage Infrared Personal Spa Sauna
This product comes with a heating footpad and a chair. It can be used at home and in the spa. The price range of this heater is reasonable. This sauna heater is capable of inducing sweat in little or no time. It does not make use of a battery, and it utilizes infrared technology as its heating method. It features a 60-minute timer, and it is easy to maintain. There is no need for any chemical; water is enough to clean this unit. It produces heat up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Setup is straightforward and can get done in the living room. If you are looking for an excellent way to relax, this sauna heater offers that. If you are thinking of using this heater to remedy any health condition, have a rethink. This heater is not suitable for diagnosing or treating ailments and diseases. It is foldable for easy to storage, and it measures 27.5 x 30 x 38 inches in size.
5. Durasage Portable Steam Sauna
This appliance is another dual zipper sauna heater. It is not heavy, but it produces steady heat. The unit comes with a foldable chair, a bag, and a separate heat generator. The frame of the Durasage Lightweight Personal Steam Sauna Heater is detachable. Therefore, it can be stored easily. Its design allows for the safekeeping of personal items such as phones, pens, and remote. It is steam-powered and plugs into a 110V electric outlet. This product is not suitable to use by pregnant women. Do not use his product if the steam tube is bent. The weight of this product is 15.15 pounds. It measures 34 x 28.5 x 39.2 inches in size. It is not infrared, but it is highly efficient. On the flip side, there is no overheat protective mechanism in place. That does not take away the fact that this heater provides comfort and relaxation. It is capable of loosening up sore muscles.
6. VEVOR Sauna Heater 2KW
If you are looking for a sauna heater for home and commercial use, look no further than the Vevor Sauna Heater. It plugs into a 110V-120V power outlet. This product should get kept out of the reach of children and infants. It is capable of delivering 2kW of heat in little or no time. It features a timer, wall-mounted design, stainless steel casing, and a temperature adjustment knob. It works well for a room up to 106 cubic feet. This device is a stylish product in all ramifications. It made from materials with high strength and thermal conductivity. This sauna heater has a safety sensor that stops the heater whenever the ambient temperature is extremely high. It can produce heat output up to 90 degrees Celsius. The dimension of this unit is 20 x 12.6 x 8.8 inches. It weighs 15.3 pounds. If you have little or no sauna knowledge, make sure you go through the user manual before installing this product.
7. Finlandia Sauna Heater | Finlandia FLB 60
This sauna heater can heat up to 300 cubic feet. It made in Finland, and it features a 1-hour timer. The unit made from stainless steel. It is ETL certified. Hence, it is safe for use. The shipping weight of this heater is 150 pounds, and it measures 16 x 11 x 24 inches in size. It plugs into a power outlet. The rocks included in the package, and there are controls on the heater. The Finlandia FLB-60 Sauna Heater delivers heat output up to 6kW. It can induce heat up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit. It has to be wired by an experienced electrician before it can get used. If you want to control this sauna heater externally, you may have to purchase a thermostat separately. This issue is because no thermostat included in the package.
8. Turku sauna heater | TURKU TU90WD
This sauna heater designed for residential use. Its body design allows for the secure exchange of air. Hence, it is well vented. It has an electronic thermostat and a digital controller. Therefore, the output temperature can get controlled without coming close to the device. With this product, a cozy and warm atmosphere remain guaranteed. There is an overheat protective mechanism in place. This feature ensures that the heater automatically stops when the ambient temperature is extremely high. This sauna heater measures 22.5 x 10.5 x 16 inches in size. It weighs 33 pounds. Hence, it is incredibly lightweight. It features a 1-hour timer, and it is certified safe for use. The Turku TRU90WD-OD Residential Sauna Heater Stove can deliver heat output up to 9kW. A qualified electrician should do the installation of this unit. There is no need for a transformer as it is a directly wired gadget. On the flip side, rocks not included in the package. They have to get bought separately. Do not attempt to install this unit in the steam room. It can heat a space up to 450 cubic feet.
9. Finlandia Harvia Sauna Heater
This heater can conveniently heat a space up to 425 cubic feet. It is ETL certified and sturdy. The interior of this product made from quality stainless. There is a 1-hour timer that allows you to preset the start time of the product. This product measures 16 x 11 x 24 inches in size. It is capable of producing 8kW of heat, and it plugs into a 240V, single-phase outlet. This product allows for water to get poured on the stones. However, it is not possible to combine this unit with an infrared sauna. One glaring negative is that this heater has no digital control button or a thermostat. The Finlandia/Harvia FLB-80/KIP-80B Sauna Heater get made in Finland. The front of the unit is usually mounted.
10.TURKU sauna spa heater
This appliance is a sauna heater made from stainless steel. It is made for residential purpose and uses in the spa. It has an outer digital controller. This unit plugs into a 220-240V outlet easily. This unit permits the sprinkling of water on the rock. It has a 1-hour timer, but it doesn’t produce any sound. Also, this product can boast of high-temperature cut-off protection. What this means is that the unit stops working when the ambient temperature becomes very high. This product weighs 33 pounds, and it measures 22.5 x 10.5 x 16 inches in size. The TURKU S/S TU60WD Sauna Heater is certified safe for use, and it is toxin-free. It’s heating elements are Teflon coated. This sauna heater can heat a space up to 300 cubic feet. The range of temperature of this heater is 104 to 194 degrees Fahrenheit. It doesn’t come with rocks as this must get purchased separately.
Frequently Asked Question
The price of a sauna heater depends on the capacity of the product and type. Usually, a traditional sauna heaters cost between $2000 and $7000. Infrared sauna heaters are getting sold at a price between $1000 and $4000. Outdoor sauna heaters have a price range similar to infrared sauna heaters. Portable Sauna heaters are the cheapest because one person can only use them. They are getting sold at a price between $100 and $400.
Usually, every 100 cubic feet needs 2kW of heat. Therefore, if your sauna room measures 600 cubic feet, you will need a sauna heater that can deliver at least 12kW of heat.
You can buy a sauna heater online or from electronic stores and retail outlets. It doesn’t take long before it is getting delivered to your doorstep.
This question comes in different forms. Nonetheless, we have provided a list of ten quality sauna heaters. The efficiency of these heaters cannot get questioned, and they are lovely. If you are concerned about which product to buy, choose any of these heaters, they will deliver. They were get selected from after scrutiny.
The length of years of a sauna heater depends on factors like frequency of use, and chemical composition of water. That said, most sauna heaters last between five and twenty years.
TYPES OF SAUNA HEATERS
There are different types of sauna heaters. They include: Helth Benefits Of Sauna
- Traditional sauna heaters: They are the most common type of sauna heaters. They derive their energy from gas, wood, and electricity. Electric sauna heaters are the most popular because of their efficiency and reliability. A heating element absorbs the thermal state named heat sauna rocks. Typically, this heating element gets made from a material of high conductivity. The heated stones distribute heat to the whole sauna by convective means. An electric sauna heater can raise the temperature of a space to 194°F convincingly. They operate on a 220V to 240V electrical outlet, and they aren’t always bulky.
Infrared sauna heaters:
- The mode of operation of an infrared sauna differs from that of a traditional sauna heater. Without infrared light, radiant heat cannot get produced. They are not capable of steam production. The temperature of the surrounding air isn’t raising as much as a traditional sauna heater does. Although their heat output is nothing compared to what a conventional sauna heater generates, they are still capable of inducing sweat. There are a few health benefits associated with this type of sauna heater. They include detoxification, improved circulation, weight loss, pain relief, and many more.
- Portable sauna heaters: A compact design characterizes them, and they are incredibly lightweight. They make use of the latest technology, and they are very affordable. They use to made from wooden and polyester materials. Portable heaters are always well insulated to reduce heat loss. They come in small chairs so you can relax and feel comfortable. This heater type also boasts of overheat protection and power cut-off protection.
KEY FEATURES AND BUYING GUIDE
These are some of the essential qualities expected of a sauna heater.
- Price: The price of a product isn’t always a reflection of what it can do or how well it can perform. There are many overpriced products in the market, and sauna heaters aren’t an exception. That said, there is a price range for every type of sauna heater, and we have already discussed this. Your budget should be commensurate with the kind of heater you want, how much heat it can deliver, and the capacity of the product. Do not pay too much for something that can only offer little.
- Heat output: The ability of the sauna heater to produce enough heat is essential. The reason for paying for a sauna heater is for heat to get induced and sweat to be triggered. Traditional saunas are known to produce more heat than infrared and portable sauna heaters. If you only want moderate heat, an infrared sauna heater will do. However, during winter or extreme cold, a portable sauna heater or infrared heater may not be active. As a rule, 2kW is necessary for 100 cubic feet.
- Size: Some sauna heaters are bulky and quite big. These heaters are usually hard to carry and uneasy to move. Portable sauna heaters are small in format and very lightweight. The design of these heaters is compact too. If you do not care about how small or big a sauna heater is, you may consider building a traditional heater. The thing about conventional saunas is that they always remain in a place. They cannot get used in different areas. A portable sauna is movable, and this brings extra convenience. A big sauna heater does not translate to an efficient sauna heater. Some are big but incapable of impressive heat delivery. Ensure you strike a balance.
- Power consumption: You do not want to buy a device that gulps too much power and energy. This fact is capable of putting you in debt. Traditional sauna heaters tend to consume more power and demand more energy than infrared sauna heaters. Portable sauna heaters have the lowest power consumption rate of all. However, they cannot produce as much heat as others. Make sure you confirm the power rating of a sauna heater before paying. If it is a traditional sauna heater, you may have to develop a 220V power line. This fact doesn’t come cheap. Infrared sauna heaters consume more energy than portable sauna heaters. However, their energy consumption is less than what a traditional sauna heater will gulp. Lower energy demand translates to less energy cost and more savings on household bills.
- Maintenance: You have to consider the ease of maintenance. Moreover, how much care is necessary before paying for a sauna heater. Some sauna heaters are easy to clean. All that is required is soap and water. A few others cannot be maintained easily, and traditional saunas fall under this category. This fact is because of the size of conventional heaters. That said, conventional sauna heaters do not develop as much fault as infrared and portable sauna heaters. There is no big deal in cleaning a portable sauna heater. They are tiny. Hence, they can be hand or machine washed.
- Heating time: Most sauna heaters do not heat up immediately. They require a few minutes before the heat can get emitted. While infrared sauna heaters heat up under fifteen minutes, traditional sauna heaters may take up to thirty minutes to heat up. There is a bit of inconsistency on the heating time of portable sauna heaters.
Nobody will argue that owning a sauna heater is a beautiful thing. The hard job is in making a correct decision or a good purchase. There isn’t just one type, brand, or maker of sauna heaters. The variety of product manufacturers has increased the need for scrutiny and information when it comes to buying a sauna heater. Not everybody is willing to share what they know about sauna heaters and what get required of them. However, we think that the more people know about this device, the less error they will make. Invariably, this will reduce the need for replacement products at this moment, improving savings.
In a bid to reduce the knowledge gap, we started by introducing a sauna heater. We also discussed types of sauna heaters and the difference that exists between an infrared sauna heater, portable sauna heater, and a traditional sauna heater. We know how uneasy it is to choose from the numerous options available, and that’s why we took the pain to review ten different products. These are some of the best sauna heaters in the market right now. Asides that, we provided answers to some of the most common questions buyers and prospective buyers ask. We didn’t just offer solutions; we did it in clear terms and simple language.
It is not hard to understand why many consider the features and buying guide section of this article as the most important. This matter is because it informs you of the essential characteristics all sauna heaters should have. We opened your eye to the ideal price of a sauna heater. Now you do not have to pay too much for any of the products.