Offset smokers are the best for grilling and smoking your food. You can do both the things in an offset smoker. If you want to buy an offset smoker, then you are in the right place. There are many manufacturers in the market with different models. You will get confused while buying an offset smoker. Therefore, we will tell you everything that you need to know about the offset smoker before buying. You can get the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar. But before buying, you need to know about its features and functions. If you don’t know about them, then don’t worry, our buyer’s guide will help you out. It has all the things that you should look at in an offset smoker.
CHOOSE THE BEST OFFSET SMOKER UNDER 1000 DOLLAR
Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Offset Smoker
|Price||$ $ $|
|Dimension||36.5 x 64.3 x 55.5 inch|
|Cooking Surface||1,060 Square Inches|
|Power Source||charcoal or woodchips|
Char Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker
|Price||$ $ $|
|Dimension||28.2 x 60.2 x 51 inches|
|Cooking Surface||670 Square Inches|
Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS
|Price||$ $ $|
|Dimension||45.5 x 24.9 x 58.8 inches|
|Cooking Surface||1382 Square Inches|
Dyna Glo Charcoal Offset Smoker
|Price||$ $ $|
|Dimension||20.2 x 34.5 x 47 inches|
|Cooking Surface||784 Square Inches|
Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
|Price||$ $ $|
|Dimension||55.1 x 27.2 x 48.4 inches|
|Cooking Surface||800 Square Inches|
Best Char Broil Offset Smoker 30″
|Price||$ $ $|
|Dimension||54.3 x 43.9 x 22.7 inches|
|Cooking Surface||877 Square Inches|
Outsunny 48″ Steel Portable Backyard
|Price||$ $ $|
|Dimension||40.1 x 14.3 x 14.3 inches|
|Power Source||Wood & Charcoal|
Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill Offset Smoker
|Price||$ $ $|
|Dimension||59.4 x 26.8 x 48 inches|
|Cooking Surface||800 Square Inches|
TOP 10 BEST OFFSET SMOKER UNDER 1000 DOLLAR REVIEWS
We have also listed our top 8 picks for the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar. The highlighted features are mentioned with each product. You will also have proper usage instructions to use your offset smoker safely. Because after buying the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar, you need to use it properly. We have also mentioned the safety precautions to use an offset smoker. The precautions will prevent accidents. This article has everything you need to know about the offset smoker. Let’s start with our top 8 products list.
1. Oklahoma Joe’s highland offset smoker Under 1000$
- You can control the temperature and smoke with the side damper and the chimney as well.
- It has a temperature gauge to monitor the temperature. So, you can set the desired temperature by seeing it.
- The front and the bottom rack allow you to put accessories and uncooked charcoal; therefore, you have enough space to cook comfortably.
- It has two big wheels and a side handle that allow you to move the offset smoker wherever you want.
- The spring handles remain cool to touch; therefore, you can check food and add charcoal easily.
The body of this smoker is made from heavy-duty steel to last for years. It has a large cooking area of 619 sq. inches. The side firebox allows you to add the charcoal easily and the heat will not escape as well. It stands firmly on the ground and you can also move it due to its wheels. The grates are also coated to avoid rusting and sticking of the food.
2. Char Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker
- This offset smoker has a temperature gauge at the front to keep you informed with the inner temperature.
- There are dampers on the offset smoker with which you can increase or decrease the temperature.
- It has a large cooking area of 1390 sq. inches; hence, it is suitable for a party.
- The smoker has a front rack and bottom rack; therefore, you have enough space to cook comfortably.
- Its body is made from durable steel and coated with paints to ensure durability and long life.
You need to assemble this smoker, but the assembling is very easy, and you just need to follow the instructions. The paint is also to withstand high temperatures. The grates are coated with chrome and porcelain to avoid rusting and sticking of the food. Its handle is also coated with chrome and it remains cool during the operation. Its durable body is made to last for years. You get a 1-year warranty with the product.
3. Dyna-Glo Signature Offset Smoker Under 1000
- The cooking space is about 1382 sq. inches with five chrome-plated cooking grates and one-porcelain coated grate in the side box for grilling.
- This offset smoker has a removable side tray to add more charcoal and dispose of the ash easily.
- It has a professional temperature gauge for accurate measurement of inner temperature.
- You can move it easily due to its heavy-duty big wheels.
- The whole body is made of high-quality steel to ensure durability and long life.
This is a big offset smoker with a large cooking space that can be used for a party. Its spring handles are safe to touch during the operation. The side tray is removable; therefore, you can dump the ash easily. It does not allow heat to escape, even you can add the more charcoal from side tray without the loss of heat. It is built with durable steel to last for years. The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty for all parts.
4. Best Dyna Glo Charcoal Offset Smoker Under 1000
- The body of this smoker is made with high-quality steel and coated with powder to avoid rusting; therefore, it will last for years.
- The door has an easy latch system that does not allow heat to escape; hence, it utilizes the whole heat without losing it.
- It has an adjustable smokestack and air damper to control the airflow for perfect cooking.
- There are six grates that are adjustable; therefore, you can adjust them according to the size of food.
- It has an ashtray to collect the ash and you can take it out easily for disposal.
It has a temperature gauge for precise measurement of the inner temperature; therefore, you can cook perfectly. You can adjust the damper to control the temperature and smoke according to requirements. It has a separate charcoal chamber enamelled with porcelain that keeps the fuel tightly packed to burn efficiently. The handles are also designed to remain cool to touch. This product has a 1-year limited warranty.
5. Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
- This offset smoker has a removable ash pan which makes it easy to dispose of the ash.
- There is a temperature gauge at the front to monitor the temperature. You can set the desired temperature with it.
- The ash pan is also adjustable; therefore, you can control the heat intensity on the food as required.
- It has three racks at the front, side, and bottom; therefore, you have plenty of space to cook comfortably.
- Its wheels allow you to move it wherever you want, and it also stands on the ground firmly.
You can also adjust the damper to control the heat and smoke as you need. The grates are porcelain-coated; therefore, they will not undergo rusting. It has a total cooking area of 800 sq. inches including the main cooking area, warming rack, and side box. You can also grill your food in the side firebox. The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty.
6. Best Char Broil Offset Smoker Under 1000
- This smoker’s body is made of heavy-duty steel for durability and long-life.
- It has a temperature gauge for precise temperature; therefore, you will not accidentally overcook your food.
- The grates are porcelain-coated to last long and avoid rusting and sticking of the food.
- There are two air dampers for smoke and temperature control, so you can control them as required.
- It has a side table and bottom rack where you can put all your accessories and charcoal.
You can add the charcoal easily in the side firebox without losing the heat and smoke. It has two wheels; therefore, it is mobile, and you can move it anywhere. There is no need to worry about ash removal because it is easy due to its side door. You can keep uncooked charcoal over the bottom rack. It has metal handles that avoid being hot. You get a one-year warranty with the product.
7. Outsunny 48″ Steel Portable Backyard
- This smoker has a very lightweight and it has two wheels as well; therefore, you can move it easily wherever you want.
- It has a side and front shelf to put the accessories and the bottom rack for charcoal; hence, you have enough space to cook with ease.
- The temperature gauge is easy to read and tells you the precise temperature for perfect cooking.
- It has wooden handles that remain cool to touch during the operation.
- It is made of steel and coated as well to make it durable and avoid rusting.
The lightweight and wheels make this offset smoker portable. There is a side vent in the firebox to control the temperature. You can add charcoal easily in the firebox without losing the heat of the main cooking box. You don’t need a table to put things because there is plenty of space on the smoker.
8. Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill Offset Smoker (Grill + Cover)
- This is a large offset smoker with a total cooking area of 800 sq. inches that include the main cooking area, warming area, and side box area.
- There is a temperature gauge on the lid to monitor the inner temperature precisely.
- There are two wheels on two legs; therefore, you can move it easily and it can also stand firmly on the ground.
- You can also adjust the damper of the side firebox to control the inner temperature.
- It has spring handles on the main cooking box and side box lid which remains cool during the operation.
This offset smoker has a front rack for the accessories and bottom rack to put the uncooked charcoal. There are porcelain wire grates that avoid rusting and ensure a long life. It is very easy to assemble and clean with all the instructions in the manual. You also get a cover in this package that protects your smoker. The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty.
Complete Buyer’s Guide For Best Offset Smoker Under 1000 Dollar
Buying the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar is not easy if you don’t know about offset smokers. You may end up buying something useless. So, before buying an offset smoker, it is better to know about the things that you should look at. You should know about the features and functions of the offset smoker. Therefore, we are going to tell you the things that you should consider while buying an offset smoker. You will surely get the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar. Not all offset smokers have all the features. Therefore, you may need to compromise on some features that are not important to you.
There are many companies and models; therefore, this buyer’s guide will help you to get the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar. The things that you need to consider are,
The cooking area of the offset smoker is usually large than a grill without an offset smoker. Because you get the area of the firebox as well in many offset smokers to grill your food. There are three main cooking areas in offset smokers which are the main cooking area, warming rack, and firebox. The main cooking area is the largest where you cook your all food. While the warming rack is above the main cooking area. There are usually swing away racks for this. The firebox is on the side of the offset smoker where you put charcoal and wood. In most of the smokers, you can use this area for grilling.
You can easily get an offset smoker with an area above 500 sq. inches. The total area of some smokers is above 1000 sq. inches. The best offset smoker under 1000 dollar will have an area of more than 500 sq. inches. Some companies tell the customer the number of chickens, burgers or anything that they can cook at a time. It also makes easy to guess the area.
After cooking you also need to clean the offset smoker. For that, you dump the ash. The ash removal of the offset smoker should be easy. Some smokers have an ashtray on which as is collected, and you can take it out for cleaning. There can be a removable ash pan that has handles to take it out. Easy ash removal can make cleaning easier. If you get the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar, then you will have an easy ash removal.
Aid damper is necessary to control the airflow in the offset smoker. It removes the air from the smoker and takes the fresh air in. The fresh air helps in combustion. With the help of air dampers, you can control the temperature and smoke. They can increase or decrease the temperature easily. You can also control the smoke as you like. Usually, offset smokers have dampers. It is usually at the side of the firebox or it can be like a chimney.
The temperature gauge helps to cook the food precisely. It is an analog gauge that is easy to read. You can monitor the internal temperature of the smoker with it. It helps you to set the desired temperature you want. It is usually on the lid of the offset smoker. You will never overcook or burn your food if you use it. You will get this feature with the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar.
Grates are the main thing on which you cook your food. The grates should be coated with porcelain. It makes the grates durable and helps to avoid rusting. Porcelain retains the heat and cooks your food perfectly. In some offset smokers, the grates are chrome-plated. They are also good as well.
The food should not stick to the grates. They should be easy to clean as well. Porcelain-coated and chrome coated grates are easy to clean. You can also adjust the position of grates in some offset smokers according to the size of food. But in most offset smokers, the grates are at a fixed position. There is more than one grate in some smokers. Such offset smokers are vertical in shape and they have more grates and more cooking space. They have removable and adjustable grates.
Handles are present on the lid of the main box and side firebox. You need to open and close the lid of the main box to check the food or to add something. And in the firebox, you add more charcoal by opening the lid. Therefore, you need to open lids during the operation. So, the handles should be made of something that remains cool. In most offset smokers, handles are made from spring that remains cool to touch. Some smokers have wooden handles. It could be made from different materials, but the point is that it should remain cool.
The material of the body should be strong enough to withstand the high temperature. Usually, the offset smoker’s body is made from steel to make it strong. The strength of steel depends on the gauge. The thicker the metal, the stronger it is. Further, the steel body is enameled as well to avoid corrosion. The offset smokers are for outdoor use; therefore, the body should withstand the temperature and moisture of the atmosphere as well. The heavy-duty steel body ensures durability and long life. The best offset smoker under 1000 dollar will have a heavy-duty steel body.
The mobility of the offset smoker allows you to move it wherever you want. For this there are wheels. You can move with the help of wheels and handle with which you can pull it. The wheels should be strong enough to bear the weight of the smoker. In small smokers, the wheels are made of plastic while in large and heavy smokers the wheels are made of steel.
You also need some accessories like grilling tools, spices, and sausages. Therefore, you need to put these things somewhere near the grill. If your grill has front or side shelves, then you can put your accessories there. It gives you plenty of space to cook comfortably. You don’t need an extra table. Most of the grills have a rack at the bottom where you can save uncooked charcoal or wood. Shelves give you extra space to work with ease. It is better if your offset smoker has shelves.
There is a possibility of manufacturing and shipping defects. Therefore, the warranty is necessary. The best offset smoker under 1000 dollar usually has a one-year warranty for all parts. There are some terms and conditions as well. Make sure to read them.
Can we use offset smoker indoors?
No, offset smokers are for outdoor use. Therefore, you cannot use them indoors. Charcoal emits carbon monoxide on combustion which is an odorless and harmful gas. Therefore, using an offset smoker inside the house or in a closed area can be dangerous. It can cause fatality.
How to control the offset smoker’s temperature?
You can control the temperature of an offset smoker by air dampers. If you close the air damper, then there will be no oxygen for combustion, and the smoker will gradually lower the temperature. While opening the air damper will increase the fire. You can watch the temperature in the temperature gauge.
How to season offset smoker?
You just need to use your offset smoker for a few hours without any food. Just pour charcoal and allow it to burn for 2 hours. You should close the lids.
How to clean offset smoker?
You can clean the interior of your offset smoker with soapy water. Clean the grates and remove all the debris. You can clean the exterior with a damp cloth. Dry the smoker with a cloth after cleaning.
Can you grill on offset smoker?
Yes, you can grill on an offset smoker. You can grill food directly over the charcoal in the firebox.
Benefits of using the offset smoker
You will get many benefits after getting the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar. We are telling you about some benefits.
Two in One
In the offset smoker, you can smoke your food and grill it as well. You can grill your food directly on the charcoal. It serves as a multi-purpose cooking chamber that can grill the food and smoke as well.
Easy to use
Offset smokers are easy to use. You just need to add charcoal and word in the side firebox. You can also monitor the inner temperature from the temperature gauge. Your food will not overcook or burn. Even an inexperienced person can use it as well. The air dampers allow you to control the temperature and smoke easily.
Easy addition of charcoal
Adding charcoal is very easy, you just need to lift the lid of the firebox to add more charcoal. You don’t need to take anything out. Further, you will add the charcoal in the side firebox; therefore, the heat and smoke will not escape from the main cooking chamber. This saves energy.
Charcoal smokers keep heat inside the main chamber. The main chamber remains closed and you add the charcoal in the side chamber. A few smokers have a door lock as well that retains the heat and smoke. Retaining heat and smoke uses less charcoal to cook the food.
Cleaning offset smokers is easy. You can take out the ash easily as some smokers have an ashtray and some have removable ash pans. You can take them out to dispose of the ash. It is better to clean the internal portion with warm soapy water and the external area with a damp cloth.
You can also control the temperature with the help of air dampers and temperature gauge. The temperature gauge tells you the present temperature and the air dampers take the fresh air in for combustion when they are opened. So, you can open and close the air dampers as required.
Most of the smokers have wheels; therefore, you can move them wherever you want. They have a pushing/pulling handles as well to move the smoker.
The smoker is made from durable steel to last for years. The grates are also coated with porcelain or chrome to avoid rusting. The outer body of the smoker is enamelled as well to avoid corrosion.
How to use an offset smoker properly?
To ensure the good performance and long life of your offset smoker, you need to use it properly. You can get the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar, but you need to use it properly for its long life. So, we are giving you instructions.
If you are using your offset smoker for the first time, then you need to season it before using it. You need to use the grill for a few hours without any food.
- Place the grill at the desired place
- You can layer the interior of the offset smoker with cooking oil
- Add charcoal and burn it
- Allow your smoker to burn charcoal for a few hours
- Clean your smoker before using it. Remove the grates and clean it with soapy water
- Clean the internal area with soapy water
- Take a damp cloth to clean the external area
- Dry with a cloth after cleaning
- You can oil the grates as well. It will avoid sticking of the food
- After cleaning add charcoal in the side box to burn it
- Allow the charcoal to burn and place your food in the main box
- Set the temperature you want
- Use air dampers to control the temperature
- After cooking, let the smoker cool down
- Take out the ashtray and dispose of the ash
- Clean your grill before storing it
- Dry your offset smoker with a cloth
- Store it at a safe place
You need to take precautions carefully after getting the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar. These precautions will save you from accidents. Therefore, we are going to discuss some safety precautions.
Offset smokers are for outdoor use. They use charcoal which emits carbon monoxide on combustion. Carbon monoxide is harmful; therefore, you should use the smoker outdoors. Never use it indoors because it can cause fatality as well.
There should be a fire extinguisher and first aid kit to deal with emergencies.
The offset smokers are heavy to move by a single person. Therefore, ask someone to help if you need to move the offset smoker.
Most offset smokers require assembling. You need to assemble all the parts. Before that, you should read the instruction manual carefully. Check everything after assembling. Tighten all the nuts and screws perfectly.
The surface of the offset smoker remains hot after cooking, and it can cause hand burns. Allow the smoker to cool down before cleaning. Do not move it when it is hot. Use gloves during the operation.
Do not use the smoker near any combustible materials such as wood. Avoid putting gasoline and other flammable things near the smoker.
Keep children away
Keep children and pets away. The offset smoker has a hot outer surface that can burn the skin.
Wash your hands after use as there is a risk of getting cancer and birth defects.
Cleaning of the grill is also necessary. There can be harmful debris on the grates. So, clean it before using it. Clean after the use as well.
Door opening caution
During the operation, smoke is developed in the main chamber. Be careful while opening it. Keep your face and body away. There can be a hot flame that can hurt you.
We have discussed everything in detail about offset smoker. You can get the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar if you know about its features and functions. Different offset smokers have different features and you need to know which feature is important to you. Therefore, we have included the buyer’s guide in this article. It has all the features and their importance. You can compromise on less important features. If you read the buyer’s guide carefully, then you can get the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar. We have included the usage guide as well. It has all step by step instructions to use the offset smoker properly.
Offset smokers are hot to touch and you need to consider the safety precautions as well. There are some useful safety precautions in this article that will help you to prevent accidents. It is better to ensure safety. We have included the benefits that you will get after buying the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar. There is a questions-answers section in the end as well to answer some common questions. We have discussed everything that you need to know before and after buying an offset smoker. Our top 8 products list will help you to get the best offset smoker under 1000 dollar quickly. We hope you get the best thing.