Updated on November 6, 2020 by Christopher J. Crown
- Best Charcoal Grill Under $200 Comparison Chart
- REVIEWS OF TOP 10 BEST CHARCOAL GRILL UNDER $200
- 1. Char-Griller Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
- 2. Royal gourmet charcoal grill with Offset Smoker
- 3. Portable Charcoal Grill for Outdoor Grilling
- 4. Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw 1063 Square Inch Charcoal Grill
- 5. Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill
- 6. Weber 741001 Original Kettle Charcoal Grill
- 7. Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
- 8. Weber 121020 Charcoal Grill
- 9. Char-Griller Red Charcoal Kamado Grill
- 10. Char-Griller Table Top Charcoal Grill
- How To Choose The Right Charcoal Grills In Your Budget?
- Benefits Of Charcoal Grills
- How to use a charcoal grill properly?
The charcoal grill is the best thing to enjoy delicious food. You can grill tasty meat with smoky texture and unforgettable flavor. You won’t get this kind of flavor in any other type of grill because the charcoal grill provides a distinct and natural flavor. If you are planning to get a charcoal grill, then you are in the right place. We will tell you everything you need to know about the charcoal grill. You can get the, best charcoal grill under 200 dollars.
We have listed the top 10 products with their highlighted features. To use a charcoal grill properly we have included the proper steps to use a charcoal grill. There are safety precautions and warnings as well to ensure safety.
You will also see a question-answer section at the end that has answers to a few common questions. In this article, we will tell you everything that you should know before buying a charcoal grill. Let’s start with our top 10 products list. Check Best Gass Grills Latest Reviews.
Best Charcoal Grill Under $200 Comparison Chart
REVIEWS OF TOP 10 BEST CHARCOAL GRILL UNDER $200
1. Char-Griller Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
- This small grill is perfect for a small get-together (4 people) as it has a 250 sq inches area for grilling.
- The bottom of the grill box is made from double steel; therefore, it is durable and can handle high temperatures.
- It has two wheels; therefore, you can move it easily and it stands firmly on the ground as well.
- The body of the grill is made of steel and coated to ensure durability.
- You can take out the coal pan from the grill to dispose of the ash; hence, you don’t need to tip over the grill for disposal.
This compact grill takes less space; therefore, it is easy to store. You need to assemble it, but its assembling is easy. The grates are made of cast-iron to withstand the temperature and provide perfect grilling. It also has an air vent for ventilation. The handle of the grill is made from wood; therefore, it remains cool. There is a 1-year warranty for defective parts.
2. Royal gourmet charcoal grill with Offset Smoker
- This grill will provide you grilled and smoked meat simultaneously because it works as an offset smoker as well.
- The grilling grates provide you a big area of 438 sq. inches for grilling and it has a warming rack as well.
- It has a thermometer on the lid which keeps you informed about the inner temperature and gives precise grilling.
- It has two wheels; therefore, you can move it easily.
- The grates are porcelain-coated that give you perfect grilling and avoid sticking of meat.
This grill has two racks, one at the front of the main box and another at the bottom. You can put your accessories there. It is very easy to assemble and there are clear instructions in the manual. You can also adjust the air-vent according to requirement. Both the smoker and main box has handles that remain cool during the operation. The manufacturer offers a 1-year limited warranty.
3. Portable Charcoal Grill for Outdoor Grilling
- This is a small circular shaped charcoal grill that takes little space to use and store.
- The two wheels at the bottom allow you to move the grill easily.
- The bowl and the lid of the grill are enamelled; therefore, heat will not escape from the grill.
- The grates are made from plated steel that can withstand high temperatures. Hence, it is durable.
- There is an ash catcher under the bowl that catches the ash and you can dispose of easily.
There is an air vent at the top of the lid, and you can control the airflow from that. Its legs are made from aluminium which is rust-resistant to provide durability to the grill. There are two handles on the grate; therefore, you can lift it with the help of a person.
The holes under the grill throw all the ash into the catcher when you open them. Hence, ash disposal is easy. The manufacturer offers a 100% satisfaction warranty for 90 days.
4. Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw 1063 Square Inch Charcoal Grill
- This is a large grill that has a cooking area of 750 sq. inches and a warming rack of 338 sq. inches.
- It is durable enough as it is made from high-quality steel and the bottom has a double layering to ensure long-life.
- There are three racks at the front, side and bottom to palace accessories; therefore, you have enough area to grill comfortably.
- The bottom legs are also durable with two wheels so you can move it where you want.
- You can remove the ash pan for easy disposal of the ash.
You can also adjust the position of grates according to the heat required. They are made of cast iron to avoid rusting and provide you with perfectly grilled meat. The body of the grill is made from good quality steel and coated with powder, so it will last for years. It has enough cooking and accessories space that is perfect for a party.
5. Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill
- Adding more charcoal is very easy in this grill, you can open the hinged portion of the grill to add more charcoal.
- The temperature gauge tells you the temperature for the precise grilling of the food.
- Its cleaning is very easy, with one touch you can dispose of all the ash into the ash catcher which is removable for easy disposal of ash.
- It weighs only 32 lbs. and has wheels as well; therefore, it is portable enough.
- It has a grilling area of 363 sq. inches, and you can grill 13 burgers at a time.
The handle of the lid remains cool to touch. The bowl and the lid are coated with porcelain to trap the heat and provide perfect grilling. You can also adjust the airflow by opening and closing the air vent at the top. It has two wheels and a side handle to move it easily. The manufacturer offers a warranty for 2-10 years depending on the parts.
6. Weber 741001 Original Kettle Charcoal Grill
- This is a lightweight (33lbs) grill that has two wheels and a carry handle; therefore, it is portable.
- The grate is hinged; hence, you can add more charcoal easily without removing the whole grate.
- You can control the air ventilation by the damper located on the lid and you can open or close it according to need.
- It has easy cleaning of ash just by swapping the handle and the ash falls into the ashtray.
- The lid has a hook; therefore, you can hang it on the bowl.
This is a very small grill that you can carry anywhere, and it can grill 13 burgers at a time. Its legs are made of durable steel which will last for years. The lid and bowl and made from steel and coated to last long and ensure heat retention.
It is very easy to assemble with clear instructions in the manual. The manufacturer offers a 10-year warranty for bowl and lid and 2-5 years warranty for the other parts.
7. Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
- This grill has side and front table where you can put your accessories and hang your tools in the hooks.
- It also has a temperature gauge that informs you about the temperature for precise and perfect grilling.
- It has an offset smoker box as well which provides you with more grilling area and smoking.
- The body has a durable black coating that will withstand high temperature and last for years.
- The grates are porcelain-coated to avoid sticking of food and heat retention.
You can easily dispose of the ash by taking out the ashtray itself. It has two wheels to move it easily. It has a large cooking area of 800 sq. inches including the warming rack. Therefore, it is suitable for a get-together with friends and family.
The air vent at the side of the smoker box allows you to control the air ventilation with ease. You can also adjust the grates to control the heating effect. It has a warranty for 1-year.
8. Weber 121020 Charcoal Grill
- This little grill looks like a briefcase and it weighs only 14 lbs; therefore, you can carry it everywhere with ease.
- It is very compact, and you can also fold its legs; hence, it requires a very small space for storage.
- There are two dampers on the lid that allow easy air ventilation according to need.
- The whole body is made of steel and coated with porcelain to ensure durability and long-life.
- The grill is also made from steel to provide easy cleaning and perfect grilling.
This small grill is enough for a few people and it can cook six burgers at a time. It has three handles which make the grill easy to carry. It takes a small space and you can carry it in your car’s trunk. The box is made with durable coated steel that will lock the heat and provide easy cleaning. The legs are foldable, and they serve as a lid lock as well.
9. Char-Griller Red Charcoal Kamado Grill
- The walls of the grill made from thick steel layers that trap the heat and provide perfectly grilled and tasty food.
- There is a temperature gauge on the lid to monitor and control the inner temperature as needed.
- There are two air dampers at the top and bottom of the grill and you can adjust them to increase or decrease the temperature.
- Its body is made from durable steel and painted as well to ensures durability and long life.
- It weighs only 37lbs and it is portable enough to carry anywhere.
It is insulated and does not allow heat to escape; therefore, it grills your food in less time. There is an ash pan in the grill for easy disposal of the ash. The grates are made for thick cast-iron to give durability and heat retention.
It also has two handles to carry it easily. The manufacturer offers a 5-year warranty for the hood and bottom and 1-year warranty for other parts.
10. Char-Griller Table Top Charcoal Grill
- This small tabletop grill weighs only 40 lbs. and has two handles to carry it; therefore, it is easy to carry.
- You can take out the ash drawer for easy disposal of the ash.
- The outer body is made from heavy-duty durable steel to last for years.
- The grates are made of cast-iron and provide you a 250 sq. inches area for grilling.
- There are two air dampers on both sides of the grill to control the inner temperature.
There is a wooden handle on the grill that remains cool to touch during operation. You can also use this tabletop grill as a side firebox for some grills. It will give you grilled smoky meat with perfect taste. It is portable enough and you can carry it for picnics due to its lightweight and handles. The grates are made from cast-iron; therefore, food will not stick on them. It has a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase.
How To Clean Charcoal Grills Easily
How To Choose The Right Charcoal Grills In Your Budget?
Before buying the charcoal grill, you should know about its features and functions. There are many models available in the market and all of them have distinct features. Therefore, you will get confused while buying a charcoal grill.
Some models are very expensive, and you should know what to look for while buying a charcoal grill. So, we will tell you everything about the charcoal grill that will help you to get the best charcoal grill.
We will enlist all the important things that you should see before buying. Not all features are in every model and you might need to compromise on some features. Therefore, we will tell you the importance and the use of every feature for your guidance. You will get to know which feature is important to you. So, here are the features that you should look at while buying a charcoal grill.
This is the area of cooking where you grill your food. This area gives you an idea that how much food you can grill at a time. Therefore, you can serve people according to the grilling area. The grilling area consists of the area of the main grill grate.
If the grill has a separate warming area and side box as well, then their areas are also included in the total area. The small tabletop grill can have an area from 150 sq. inches to 300 sq. inches and large grills can have a grilling area above 700 sq. inches. You can buy a grill according to your needs.
Air damper is a mandatory feature in the charcoal grill. With it, you can control the temperature inside the grill. These dampers allow oxygen for the burning of coal. If you close the damper completely, then there will be less or no oxygen.
Therefore, the temperature will decrease gradually. If you open the damper, then the air will get in the grill and the temperature will increase. You can set the desired temperature with this. Some grills have one or some have two air dampers. There should be at least one air damper.
Ash disposal is a hard task in old grills. But new grills have easy ash disposal methods. Some grills have a separate ashtray and you can take out the ashtray like a cabinet. In some grills, you can take out ashtrays easily to dispose of the ash.
The most modern method requires swinging of a handle and the ash comes out of the grill. The ash falls on the ashtray and then you can take out the ashtray for disposal. There are small holes under the grill that open when you swing the handle. This method is fast and easy. Your grill should have any of these methods or any other easy disposal method.
Material of Body
The material of the body should be of steel. There should be a coating on the steel to avoid rusting. The enamel should withstand the high temperature of the grill. The grill box and the lower portion of the grill should be made from steel to have a long life.
The grates of the grill are the most important part where you grill your food. In many grills, the grates are made from cast iron for durability and heat retention. They should not stick to the meat. Some grills also have plated steel grates and they are durable as well. In some grills, you can adjust the position of the grates as well. You can move it up and down to control the heat intensity on the food. This gives you more ease in grilling and controlling the temperature.
The temperature gauge on the grill allows you to control the temperature precisely. You can easily set the desired temperature by the gauge. It tells you the current temperature inside the grill and you can also avoid overcooking by monitoring it. This enables easy and perfect grilling.
The side shelves of the grill give you enough space to put your accessories on them. You can put sauces, spices and grilling tools. You will not need a separate table to put these things. Some shelves have hooks where you can hang grilling tools. Shelves are not in all grills, they come in large grills that take more space as compared to tabletop and small portable grills.
The handles should be made of a material that remains cool during the operation. The handles are usually on the lid of the main box and side box. You can open lid easily with a wooden handle.
Some grills are portable due to their lightweight and compact design. You can carry them with their handles easily. These are usually small and tabletop grills. While the large grills have wheels under them for easy movement.
Easy Addition of Charcoal
You need to add some charcoal in the grill as you grill the food; therefore, the addition of charcoal should be easy. There are side boxes in some grills in which you add charcoal. They have an easy method of adding charcoal due to the side box.
In grills that do not have side boxes, the grates are in pieces. You can easily lift a piece of the grate to add more charcoal. Some grills have a hinged grate and you can open the hinged portion to add charcoal. So, makes sure that your grill has an easy addition method for charcoal.
There are different warranty periods for different parts of the grill. The upper lid and box/bowl has more warranty period. It can be of 5-10 years. While the other parts have a warranty for 1-2 years. Some grills have a warranty period of 1-year for all parts. You should read the terms and conditions of the warranty as well. Make sure to confirm that the warranty is valid in your region.
These are the important features that you can find the best charcoal grill. You should see these things before buying the grill. You can also compromise on some features that are not important to you. If you follow this buyer’s guide, then you will get the Right Charcoal Grill For You.
Benefits Of Charcoal Grills
You will have to assemble some grills after buying them, but the assembling is quite easy. There is no need for any expert and you can assemble it on your own. You will need a few common tools like a screwdriver to assemble the whole grill. The instructions are given in the instruction manual; therefore, you can assemble your grill easily.
The cleaning of these grills is also easy. The ash disposal methods used in the modern grills allow you to dispose of the ash within a few seconds. Some grills have ash drawers and you can take them out from the grill for disposal. While some grills have removable ashtrays.
There are holes at the bottom some grills that open by a handle and the ash comes out of the grill. The ash is collected in an ashtray; therefore, you can dispose of ease. Further, the grates of the grill are made of cast-iron or steel and coated as well for easy cleaning. The outer body of the grill is also coated with porcelain and you can clean the surface with a cloth.
For perfect cooking, the retention of heat is useful. Grill box is usually made of steel and coated with porcelain to trap the heat. Some grills are also insulated by a few layers of steel. Therefore, the heat remains in the grill and does not escape. It also saves your fuel to grill your food and the food will take less time for grilling.
The body of grills is usually of steel and has enamel as well. This allows them to bear high temperatures. Some grills have double layering at the bottom to make them durable. The enamel of the body bears high temperatures. The wheels are also made from durable plastic to ensure long life. They can easily bear the weight of the grill.
The grills are potable as they are lightweight and compact. Some grills are very small, and you can carry them in your car’s trunk. They have handles to carry easily. Further, large grills are heavy, but they have wheels to move them.
How to use a charcoal grill properly?
After getting the best charcoal grill under $200, it is better to know the proper usage steps. It will ensure long life and perfect operation. The general steps to use the charcoal grill properly are,
- Place the grill at an appropriate place where it can stand firmly. There should not be any combustible material near the grill
- Clean the grill and especially grates with warm soapy water. After cleaning, dry them with a cloth. Do not dry anything in the air as it can cause rusting.
- After cleaning, add the charcoal. Do not fill too much charcoal and put it according to the requirement. You can add more coal if needed.
- Light the coal in several places and do not use gasoline or any flammable liquid.
- Wait for a few minutes and the charcoal will catch fire. Keep the lid open for the supply of oxygen. When you see the gray color, it means you are ready to go. Spread the charcoal and put the grate if you have taken it to add coal.
- Now you are ready to grill your food.
- You can control the temperature inside the grill by air dampers.
- After grilling, let the grill cool down.
- When the grill is cooled down, then dispose of the ash and clean the grill again before storage. You can apply vegetable oil on the grate to avoid rusting.
Safety Precautions and Warnings
To ensure safety we are going to give you some safety precautions and warnings. These safety precautions and warnings will save you from accidents. It is better to consider these things seriously after buying the best charcoal grill under 200 dollar.
Keep Safety Kit
There should be a fire extinguisher to deal with fire accidents and keep the first-aid kit as well.
Charcoal grills are not suitable for indoor use. They are especially for outdoor use. The burning of charcoal emits carbon monoxide which is dangerous to health. It can even cause fatality if used indoors or in closed spaces. Therefore, it is necessary to use charcoal grills outdoors to ensure safety.
Do not touch
The grill is very hot during its operation. Do not try to touch anything inside the grill. The handles are made safe enough to touch while the inner part is extremely hot even after use. Allow it to cool down for a few hours and then you can touch it safely. Otherwise, it can cause hand burns and serious damage to your skin.
Use of charcoal
Fill the required/recommended amount of charcoal only. An extra amount of charcoal can overcook/burn the food. Be careful while adding the coal as well. Do not touch any hot part.
Keep flammable materials away from the grill. Do not place gasoline, gas cylinders and other flammable things near the charcoal grill. It can cause harm to you and nearby people.
Clean grill every time before you using it and after the use as well. Do not use any chemical or cleaner for the grates because it can mix with the food. Further, you should clean the grates before every use.
Do not dispose of the ash after using the grill. Wait and let the ash cool down. Dispose of the ash when it is completely cooled.
Keep children away
The grill is extremely hot when in use. Never leave it unattended. Keep children away from it.
We have discussed everything in detail about the charcoal grill. You can get the best charcoal grill under 200 dollars easily. Therefore, you can save your money and get the desired grill with all the features you want. We have mentioned all the features that you should expect from the charcoal grill.
Not all features are in every product and you can compromise on some features as well if they are not important to you. For your ease, we have included our top 10 products lists. There is also a proper operation guide that will tell you how to use the grill properly. It will increase the life of your grill and provide good performance.
There are safety precautions and warnings as well that you should see carefully. These precautions can prevent accidents. The benefits of using the charcoal grill are also in this article to tell you its importance. There is a question-answer section that will answer your common questions. We have tried to tell you everything in detail and we hope you get the Right ones.
- How to Use an Offset Smoker – Complete Beginners Guide - May 18, 2020
- How to Stay Warm in Winter – Follow The Easiest 6 Steps To Stay Warm In Winter - May 15, 2020
- Lasko Heater Manual And Complete User Guide - October 10, 2019